Today I spent several hours testing the fuel system of our Silver Eagle. We have installed a temporary rubber tank, to be used to transfer fuel from Adak (Aleutian Islands) to Attu. The intention is to create a fuel cache on Attu on 7th Sep. On the 8th of Sep we want to come back to Attu and fill up with the fuel from the cache, for departure to Russia the next morning (9 Sep). Arrival in Russia would be on the 10th, as we cross the dateline during the flight.
The rubber tank holds around 250 litres of fuel and for the test, I filled the tank completely. I then drained some of its contents via a special installed drain pipe into one of our 12 containers, holding 20 litres each. The next test was to single-handedly transfer the contents of that container into the main tanks on top of the wings of the aircraft. All worked well, with zero spillage. The final test involved emptying the rubber tank completely to determine the quantity of unusable fuel remaining. I was happy to find that the amount of unusable fuel was in the order of 2 to 3 litres.